Limousine and Party Bus Safety
Limos & Party Buses in Arizona have to abide by DOT regulations. The State requires any vehicle that is designed to carry 8 or more passengers requires the following:
• USDOT numbers & company name affixed on either side of the vehicle and be visible at least 50 feet.
• Vehicle must have annual DOT inspection.
• Vehicle must have USDOT approved fire extinguisher.
• Vehicle must have at least 3 reflective triangles.
• Drivers must have USDOT Med Cards.
• Drivers must have CDL commercial licenses if driving vehicles designed to carry 15 or more passengers.
• Drivers must perform inspections prior to driving the vehicles.
• Those inspections must be kept and filed.
These are just some of the requirements of AZ DOT. There are also requirements by AZ Dept of Weights & Measures and of course insurance companys’ have requirements as well & criminal and DMV background checks to name a couple of those.
There are a lot of measures to ensure that you the customer can have confidence in your Limousine or Party Bus provider here in Phoenix.
Here are some questions you should ask any company you are considering making a reservation with:
1. What year is the vehicle?
2. How long have you been in business?
3. Do you have the minimum insurance coverage required by law?
4. Do your drivers have CDL licenses?
5. Do you have DOT numbers on the vehicle as required by law?
Some other things you can do to check the reliability of a company is to seek out there reputation.
Ask if they are a part of any industry associations, check for any online reviews, check the BBB, etc…
When making a limo or party bus reservation you need to be diligent and prudent to get the best deal and choose the best company for your event.
I hope this blog helps you make a good decision, let me know if there anything I can do to help.